|Rustic Autumn Roast|
As the days grow cooler and their is a gradual shift in colours,
we transition into Autumn leaving those endless Summer nights behind.
Autumn is a season of comfort accompanied by layered clothing, booties,
knee-high socks, and over-sized sweaters. We tend to start craving different
foods that are in season as the seasons change. This autumn-themed
rustic dish is a good way to kick-start the air-chilled season. It is a blend of
root vegetables, spices and protein... very warming for your insides and completely
Paleo. As we enjoy Autumn's harvest, I hope you enjoy this comforting dish on a cool Autumn's day accompanied by good friends, laughs,mingling and of course, wine.
1. 3 White turnips
2. 4-5 Carrots
3. 1 Garlic bulb
4. 1 Purple onion
5. 1 Large yam
6. 2 Spicy Italian pork sausages
(Nitrate & Preservative free!)
7. Extra virgin olive oil
10. 1 Dried rosemary sprig
1. Preheat the oven to 360 degrees.
2. Prep work - wash your turnips, carrots and yams thoroughly.
Chop into bite-sized pieces. Note: I left the skin on for all these
root vegetables because they are organic and more nutritious
this way. I recommend peeling if you purchase non-organic
3. Peel your bulb of garlic.
4. Chop up the spicy Italian pork sausage.
5. Chop up the rosemary leaves finely.
6. Chop up the purple onion.
7. Combine all the flavour-bursting vegetables,
rosemary, sausage and place in a large bowl.
8. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
9. Once all ingredients are evenly coated, place on a large baking pan.
10. Spread out all ingredients evenly and roast for approximately 1 hour
or more until desired consistency.
Serve, be merry and enjoy! This dish is just as delicious cold, if not more. The
flavours and spices infuse together as more time passes.